The UK-IS Implementation Debate
Time & Location
About the Event
Implementation Week 2021 - The UK-IS Implementation Debate
What does it mean to be an implementation professional in the UK?
The professional field of implementation research and support continues to grow and develop across the world, with operational and research job titles increasingly embracing the term ‘implementation’. Across the UK and in Ireland, implementation roles are also beginning to proliferate vary in scope and content. Apart from Implementation Societies and Networks, there are no overarching bodies that represent those working in implementation-focused roles, and there are no common understandings of the professional or scientific standards to which implementation professionals should work to. This raises questions about what it means to be ‘an implementation professional’ today. Where is the field headed, and what opportunities and challenges are encountered by those who work in it?
As part of Implementation Week 2021, join UK-IS members and guests, including colleagues from the Implementation Network of Ireland and Northern Ireland, and contribute to a highly topical and important discussion as we take stock of the state of the field.
We’ll be discussing questions including:
- How well-recognised is ‘implementation’ as a professional field of practice, leadership and study in the UK and Ireland?
- What does it feel like to be in one of the many new roles with ‘implementation’ (or improvement) in the job title? What is involved, and how is (or should) the job be different from other job roles in multi-disciplinary teams?
- What are (or should be) the skills, competencies, and values of implementation professionals?
- What should the field generally and employers specifically be doing to support established personnel and new career entrants in implementation roles?
All this and more – and all welcome.
- Member Registration£0£00£0
- Non-Member Registration£10£100£0